Chicken Pastel

21 January 2011

This recipe came from my mom whose cooking I so admired. She said the years of marriage perfects ones cooking, and so I hope for it myself. It was every Sunday that she surprised us with new recipes that can tickle our taste buds since it was the day that all of us were complete. I would come home from the Metro where I was studying, excited to be with my family again. It was such a joyful moment to see our family sitting down at our dining table happily eating together. Of course, we never fail to appreciate mommy's new food that is why they are becoming more delicious the next Sundays. And from her smiles we know her heart is more full than our tummies.

So I cooked this one for my hubby for the 3rd Friday of January--my Chicken Pastel which made his tummy full too!

Ingredients:

Chopped garlic
Chopped onions
Green bell pepper sliced into small squares
Potatoes sliced into cubes
Carrots sliced into circles
Pineapple chunks and its juice
Sliced hotdogs
Evaporated milk
Salt
Water

Steps:

1. Sauté garlic and onions. Add the chicken after a while and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Add the potatoes, carrots and green bell pepper. Mix and wait until the potatoes and carrots are tender.
3. Add water. Put on some salt to taste. 
4. Add the pineapple chunks and its juice, hotdogs and evaporated milk.
5. Let it simmer again until well cooked.

Dinner is served. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beef Misono

Fried Tilapia with Sauce

Chiken a la King