Beef Misono

4 February 2011

I should have cooked this recipe for the last Friday of January, in which you will notice I was not able to post anything because my husband and I ate dinner at my in-laws. So to start the first Friday of February, I pursued my desire to cook one of my favorite Japanese dishes--Beef Misono. Thanks to the power of the web, I searched over the internet and found this recipe. And yes, I am fully satisfied that it tastes like from my favorite Japanese restaurant.

So here's my Beef Misono for dinner:

Ingredients:

1. For the Beef Misono:
500g beef sirloin, sliced thinly
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tbsp vegetable oil
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp Kikoman soy sauce
salt and pepper

2. For the side dish:
Bean sprouts
Carrots sliced in match sticks
Cabbage sliced in match sticks
3 cloves minced garlic
1 minced white onion
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp butter
3 tbsp water
2 tsp sesame oil
salt and pepper

Steps:
1. Season beef sirloin with salt and pepper.
2. Heat vegetable oil and butter.
3. Put on the garlic and saute with the beef. Wait until it is golden brown and tender.
4. Add the Kikoman soy sauce and mix. Turn off heat.
5. Meanwhile, in a separate pan, heat oil and butter then saute garlic and onion.
6. Add the bean sprouts, carrots and cabbage.
7. Add water, salt, pepper and sesame oil. Mix well. Turn off heat.

Dinner is served.

Comments

  1. I've been using your recipe since I first tried it. I think this has got to be the closest one to tasting like Tokyo Tokyo. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fried Tilapia with Sauce

Bibimbap